Business Analytics is one of the most popular domains worldwide for international students. The field is in high industry demand across virtually all sectors. One of the best countries to obtain an education in the world is the USA. Each year thousands of international students enroll in academic institutes throughout the country to pursue Business Analytics. Business Analytics courses in the USA assist international students in gaining valuable work experience working in many significant industries to acquire practical knowledge and functional skills to meet the current demands across the Business Analytics industry. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about pursuing Business Analytics at the Master’s level in the USA.
International students need to meet the minimum eligibility criteria to study Master’s in Business Analytics in the USA. Typically the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Academic transcripts for all institutes attended earlier by the student: International students need to provide formally attested academic transcripts for all institutes attended previously.
- A valid undergraduate degree: International students who want to pursue an MS in Business Analytics also need to hold a valid undergraduate degree from a recognized college or university. Some academic institutes in the USA require the candidate to hold an undergraduate degree in a field related to analytics, such as IT, data analysis, statistics, or computer science.
- Percentage or GPA records: International students must also submit their GPA or percentage records. Generally, they need to maintain a GPA of a minimum of 3.0 or higher to get considered for admission in the business analytics program in the USA.
- English language proficiency test scores: Candidates seeking admission in professional courses in the USA are required to submit their English languages test scores like PTE, IELTS, or TOEFL. The minimum score that they need to obtain varies based on the course and college that they are applying in.
- Competitive scores: Colleges in the USA that offer Data Analytics at the Master’s level accept GRE and GMAT scores. International students can submit these along with their applications to showcase their analytical skills.
- Work experience:
- Some educational organizations in the USA look for candidates who hold some professional work experience in a field related to data analytics. Even if international students have completed internships, they should be highlighted in relevant sections of the application.
Even though the list of mandated documents may change according to your course as well as the college you are applying to, here are the general documents that international students need to submit along with their application.
- Academic transcripts
- Resume or a CV
- English language test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Passport size photographs
- A valid passport
- GMAT or GRE scores
What is the application process to apply for an MS in Business Analytics in USA?
The application process includes a few steps that need to be completed for international students who want to study Master’s in Business Analytics in the USA. Here are some of them:
- Do your research and explore colleges and universities in the USA that provide an MS in Business Analytics. It is also a good idea to check whether the university that you are considering offers the specialization of your choice if you want to pursue a specific program.
- Ensure that you maintain a record of all important deadlines related to the admission process. Some timelines that you should keep in mind are visa interview dates, college application deadlines, dates for standardized language proficiency tests, scholarship application timelines, etc.
- Visit the official website of the college that you are considering and check their specific requirements. Generally, academic institutes in the USA require international students to meet particular eligibility criteria, which differ in each educational organization based on the course.
- Complete your application to apply for MS in Business Analytics from the college or university of your choice. Usually, there will be an application fee that you would be required to pay to submit your application. Some universities offer fee waivers to international students based on certain requirements.
- Ensure that, along with your application, you submit all the required documents. Failing to provide all the mandatory documents can result in your application getting rejected or delayed.
- Once your application gets submitted, it is time to arrange funds for your education, apply for your visa, and complete all formalities.
- Once the application is submitted, arrange funds and apply for the visa.
Which scholarships are available for international students who want to study MS in Business Analytics in USA?
There are many university-level, governmental, and private scholarships available in the USA for international students. Students must check the eligibility criteria and apply before the lapse of the deadline. Here are some of the most popular scholarships for international students who want to complete their master’s in business analytics in the USA:
● Broker Fish International Student Scholarship
This scholarship is granted each year to international students who are enrolled in a full-time course at an American university. The course could be at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
● Foreign Full Bright Student Program
This scholarship is offered for both master’s and bachelor’s students. When offered, this grant can cover the costs of living, health insurance, and tuition fees for international students.
● Global Study Awards
To be eligible for this scholarship, international students must be enlisted in a postgraduate level course and should have received a passing score in the IELTS standardized English language examination.
● Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program
International students from developing countries who are under the age of 30 years are eligible to apply for this award.
● AAUW International Fellowships
This scholarship is available for women who wish to continue their education. The grant covers tuition fees as well as costs of living.
Virtually all industries globally have a demand for professionals who are proficient in data analytics and can help their businesses make data-driven business decisions. Here are some job opportunities available for international students who have completed their Master’s in Business Analytics from educational organizations based out of the USA:
● Data Analyst:
A data analyst is responsible for data collection as well as data analysis. They also implement methods and procedures to handle data.
● Data Scientist:
Data scientists are professionals who employ machine learning models and algorithms to analyze data. They aim to solve business problems with AI and are focused on automation.
● Analytics Consultant:
Analytics consultants offer specialized advice to their customers. They help in formulating business strategies.
● Business Analyst:
Business analysts focus on unearthing business problems and offering solutions. They manage resources as well as timelines to understand the business strategy of their customers.
If you choose to obtain a Master’s in Business Analytics from the USA, international students are sure to increase their chances of getting lucrative opportunities easily. A Master’s in Business Analytics is a course that focuses on teaching students skills required to use complex data to extract valuable information. Students can easily thrive in various industries, such as finance and marketing, post completing this course. There are a lot of interesting job opportunities available for data analytics graduates that international students can take advantage of once they obtain their degrees in the USA. For more information on MS in Business Analytics in US, contact the best study visa consultant near you.