Management is a field that offers tremendous opportunities for students to pursue various career options in the industry of their choice. Canada boasts affordable fees and rich diversity for its students, which is why it is one of the most practical countries to study management courses in Canada.
Colleges and universities in Canada that offer management courses are highly ranked internationally and are recognized for providing international students with quality education.
If you want to develop world-renowned management knowledge and skills, Canada offers some of the best schools in the world. In this article, we will explore management courses in Canada in detail.
Why should you study management courses in Canada?
Here are some of the top reasons why you should study management courses in Canada:
- Highly ranked management institutes: Canada is one of the most popular destinations for education in the world. The country offers international students a chance to avail exemplary and world-renowned education. Most colleges and universities that offer management courses in Canada are ranked among the top hundred colleges in the world each year.
- Various types of Management Courses: There is a broad range of specializations and disciplines in management courses in the country. Students can choose the programs that they are most interested in. Some of these are engineering management, supply chain management, marketing management, hotel management, and project management.
- Excellent job opportunities: After completing management courses in Canada, students have the chance to get placed with some of the best companies in the entire world.
Best Management Courses in Canada
The management courses in Canada are focused on equipping students with the required skills to help them in growing into skilled managers.
The entire course curriculum for management courses is broadly structured in a way to teach students the habits of troubleshooting problems that come up, managing employees, and building a relationship with customers.
Here is a list of various types of management programs in Canada that are provided across a lot of different disciplines.
1. Diploma in Management in Canada
Diploma in Management in Canada is a two-year course for students who wish to pursue roles in a spectrum of fields such as business, human resources, finance, and marketing.
A diploma in management prepares students to gain interdisciplinary talents to pursue global management careers.
It inspires students to join the leadership while developing problem-solving skills that are in demand globally in an effective manager. Here are some topics that are covered in this course:
- Diploma in Global Business Management
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Diploma in Interactive Media Management
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing Management
- Diploma in Business Management
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management-Logistics
- Diploma in Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
2. Bachelor in Management in Canada
The bachelor of management program provides students with an interdisciplinary and innovative course that is designed as a combination of business management, public administration, environmental resource management, and information management.
Here are some topics that are covered in this course:
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor in Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Management (BMgmt)
- BCom in Management Studies
- BBA in General Management
- BBA in Entrepreneurial Leadership
- BBA in Project Management
- BBA in Marketing Management
- BCom in Fashion Management
- Bachelor in Business Management
- Bachelor in Business Technology Management
- Bachelor of Fashion Business Management
3. Masters in Management in Canada
The master’s in management program allows students to gain specialized knowledge on topics such as operations management, marketing analytics, and entrepreneurship.
Most colleges in Canada offer it as a one to two-year program in management that focuses on preparing students to kickstart their careers. Here are some topics that are covered in this course:
- Master in Resource Management
- Master of Global Management
- Master of Engineering Management
- MA in Tourism Management
- MSc in Management
- Master in Management Analytics
- Master in Strategic Mining Management
Which documents are required when you apply for these courses in Canada?
Here are some documents that you need to provide when you are applying to study management in Canada. Keep in mind that all international students, irrespective of their level of education, need to supply these documents.
1. Transcripts of your previous education.
You should also provide original mark sheets for the education that you have availed. If you have completed a degree, such as a bachelor’s or a diploma, you must provide the degree certificate.
You need to provide the academic transcripts for all institutes that you have attended previously. Keep in mind that if you are applying for a master’s in management, your bachelor’s must be in a relevant field.
2. Scorecards for the English Language Proficiency Test.
You can choose between IELTS, PTE, CAEL, iBT, or TOEFL based on the university to which you are applying. International students are required to pass a language proficiency test if their mother tongue is not English or if they come from a non-native English-speaking country.
Before taking the language test, students must check if the university that they are applying to accepts the test scores. Even though the minimum required test scores for language tests depend on the level of education, you can consider minimum test scores to be 85-95 for TOEFL and 6.0-7.0 for IELTS.
3. If you are applying for an undergraduate course, you need to submit your ACT or SAT scores.
4. GMAT or GRE scores if you are applying for a graduate course.
Even though these test scores are not compulsory to provide, international students who take these tests tend to make their application stand out from the crowd and stay ahead of their competition.
5. Statement of purpose or intent.
6. Letters of recommendation.
7. An updated resume or CV.
8. If you have any work experience, you must provide proof of employment. Some management universities and colleges in Canada accept work experience from international students if they are applying for a master’s course in management.
This work experience is particularly helpful for students who have low test scores and who have been participating in the workforce in fields related to management.
9. Proof of financial resources or funds must be provided.
10. A study permit visa.
What is the average tuition fee to study management in Canada?
The tuition fees for your management course in Canada depend on a number of factors. Some of these are your level of education, the university that you will study in, the location, and the type of course.
On average, tuition fees in Canada for management courses can be anywhere from 12,000 CAD to 34,000 CAD each year. In addition to tuition fees, the cost of living for an international student will depend largely on individual lifestyle and location.
For an off-campus apartment, it lies somewhere between 950 and 1,650 CAD each month. These costs may cover all the basic amenities like stationery, laundry, food, and grocery.
What is the average salary that you can get after completing the course?
After you graduate from your management course in Canada, you can avail a number of excellent career opportunities. The average salaries for management graduates depend on their field of specialization, domain, experience, and skills.
However, management students in Canada typically earn around 64,402 CAD after completing their courses, and their salaries can go up to 242,300 CAD per year.
Management courses in Canada are popular among international students as they provide students with a spectrum of opportunities. Students can enjoy the privilege of excelling at various career and academic prospects.
By studying in Canada, not only will you get world-class practical and fundamental knowledge related to management in the field of your specialization, but you can also benefit from the numerous job placement opportunities provided by Canadian universities.