Studying a MIB course or a Master in International Business in the USA is an exciting opportunity that enables students to gain knowledge as well as experience regarding the business industry. A Masters in International Business in USA is a one to two-year-long commitment and is provided by some of the most prestigious universities and colleges. This course provides an excellent combination of international affairs as well as business strategies. The graduates of MIB are well-prepared to take on the international marketplaces and obtain extremely lucrative choices to advance their careers in global markets. A Master’s in International Business in the USA is perfect for students who want to explore the world and are interested in business. Let us take a look at everything you need to know about studying MIB in the USA.
Why should you pursue Masters in International Business in USA?
An MIB course offers international students many unique benefits. Here are some of the best advantages to pursue a MIB course in the USA:
- The USA houses some of the best and most renowned colleges and universities globally that offer international business. International business programs have been pursued in the country since 1946. The course was originally taught at the Thunderbird School of Management or the American Institute of Foreign Trade. Since its inception, it is now being taught at leading educational institutes throughout the country. The curriculum for Master in International Business degrees in the USA is frequently updated to keep it relevant to the needs of the business industry.
- Degrees earned in the USA are recognized globally. This allows graduates of Master’s in International Business to live and work anywhere. They can continue to work in the USA after graduation or move to any country they like. This allows them the freedom to chase their dream jobs.
- When you graduate from a MIB course in the USA, you receive a degree recognized by the AACSB or the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. This affiliation dramatically increases the value of this degree. Students of the MIB program in the country can also acquire internships easily to build up their skills and gain some practical experience in the field.
- The country is facing a high demand for managers that are well-equipped with the skills required to thrive in international business. New job opportunities are constantly being created. This demand increases the chances for MIB graduates to secure a job of their choosing. On average, there are around 35,300 new job opportunities that open up for Master in International Business degree holders in the country.
What are the best colleges that offer MIB programs in the USA?
Here are some of the best academic organizations in the USA that offer a Master in International Business course:
- Texas A&M University in Corpus Christi offers a Master Of Business Administration With Concentration In International Business.
- The University of Tampa provides a Master Of Business Administration, Concentration In International Business.
- California State University at East Bay provides a Master Of Business Administration For Global Innovators.
- Northeastern University at Boston Campus offers a Master Of Science In International Management.
- Nova Southeastern University provides a Master Of Business Administration In International Business.
- DePaul University offers a Master Of Business Administration In International Business.
- Florida Atlantic University at Boca Raton Campus offers a Master Of Science In International Business.
- Marconi International University offers a Master Of Science In International Business Administration.
- Pittsburg State University provides a Master Of Business Administration With Emphasis In International Business.
- Pacific States University offers a Master Of Business Administration With a Concentration In International Business.
- Pace University in New York provides a Master Of Business Administration In Strategy And International Business.
- Arizona State University at Downtown Phoenix Campus offers a Master Of Global Management With a Concentration In Global Business.
What are the eligibility criteria to pursue a Masters in International Business in USA?
Even though the exact eligibility criteria that students need to meet to gain admission in a Master of International Business program in the USA is based on several factors and differs for each college, here are the general eligibility criteria:
- Students must maintain a minimum 83 to 86% or a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Standardized English proficiency language scores
- Valid passport
- GMAT or GRE scores are required for post-graduate courses
- Work experience in a related field of at least 3 to 5 years
- Letters of recommendation
- An updated resume
- Statement of purpose
Which specializations are available for Master in International Business programs in the USA?
Here are the various specializations that students can opt for in their Master in International Business course in the USA:
- International Trade and Policy
- International Marketing
- International Human Resource Management
- Business Analytics
- International Finance
- Global Entrepreneurship
- Global Supply Chain Management
What do students learn in MIB courses in the USA?
The Master in International Business courses in the USA have different curricula based on the university you attend. Typically, in addition to studying these subjects, students also need to complete capstone projects and internships to gain some real-world experience in the field. These projects help students in learning how to apply their theoretical knowledge to actual business problems. In general, here are the subjects covered in the program:
- Global Business Environment
- International Business Strategy
- International Economics
- International Financial Management
- International Marketing
- Cross-cultural Management
Which scholarships are available for a Master in International Business in the USA?
The USA is one of the most expensive countries to study in. The general cost of pursuing a Master’s in International Business in the USA usually depends on where you are studying from. However, on average, the cost can be anywhere between 20,000 USD to 60,000 USD per annum. However, with attractive scholarship options, students can easily make their education affordable. Here are some of the most popular scholarships available for students who wish to pursue MIB courses in the USA:
- Inlaks Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that requires applicants to maintain a minimum of 65-75% in their previous academic years.
- Fulbright Scholarships for Indians are rewarded to students of Indian origin who showcase a record of academic excellence.
- AAUW International Fellowship is awarded to women who wish to study doctoral and master-level courses in the USA.
- SelfScore International Student Scholarship is offered to students who maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and have scored in the 15 percentile in competitive tests.
- Global Student Scholarship is provided to students who are studying full-time programs in the USA. It is evaluated based on 3 essay questions submitted by the student during the application process.
- TEC Scholarship is offered to students who are admitted to full-time courses. The scholarship is awarded based on the responses received in essay questions in the application.
Studying for a Master in International Business in the USA is an excellent opportunity for international students. Graduates of the MIB course can easily gain lucrative employment opportunities in various industries, such as supply chain management, human resources, marketing, business development, international trade, and finance. Studying in the USA helps international students unlock a bounty of benefits, such as learning in a multicultural and diverse environment, various job opportunities, different career paths, and obtaining a world-renowned education.